Monday, March 14, 2011

Stephen King's Upcoming Novel: 11/22/63

I was surfing the web and was curious as to what new projects Stephen King was working on. He is, after all, the king of modern day horror fiction (I realized the "king" pun, don't hold it against me). It turns out his next project is going to be a fascinating one indeed. It's a novel that involves the assassination of John F. Kennedy. There's a lot that could be done with that, and I'll surely be excited to read it.

When I first looked at the title "11/22/63," I was sure that it had something to do with the assassination of JFK. Whether it was a little or a lot, I didn't know for sure. So I decided to take a look and read the premise. The novel will be another long read and tell the story of somebody that will go back into time in order to stop the assassination. Going back into time, he enters a completely different generation, 1958 that is. One of the people he happens to meet is Lee Harvey Oswald. He also happens to meet a librarian who looks like she'll be set as the love interest.

While the generation is new for the protagonist in the novel, it's not new for Stephen King reads. Within the last year, I read "Hearts In Atlantis" and "It," both of which were set around this time period. Stephen King has done a really good job sending me as the reader back into this time period and experience the senses of this completely different time period. I'm really looking forward to reading his upcoming novel, because it's going to be about something extremely different. Given that it's about time travel and messing with the laws of physics, this novel is being given a science fiction categorization. This will be a different playground for King, but I'm sure that he'll be a cool kid in the park after this read.

I usually like to wait until a novel comes in paperback in order to buy it. To be quite honest, I'm pretty sure that I will buy this novel in hardcover. I'm a U.S. Presidential Buff and I like Stephen King's work and the two together will make a product that's worth reading. If Stephen King can make good reads from the Vietnam-era, then I feel he can surely make a good read about the JFK assassination.

The novel will be coming out on November 8, 2011, which means an eight month wait, but it'll be a wait worth waiting for. I'll be looking forward to reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment