Saturday, December 24, 2011

Christmas Wishes

We are now in the heart of the holiday season. Whether you celebrate Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, Boxing Day, or just a simple off day to be with your loved ones, the holidays are here again. A time to cherish the moments you have with your loved ones and a time to sit back and enjoy everything you worked up to. Sometimes there are things that stand in the way, but Christmas time is a time for everyone to put that aside and show a bit of joy and happiness.

We may better know the holiday season as being a period of time filled with commercialized advertising, crowded stores, scrambling to complete all kinds of shopping, and everything else in between. For many, the holiday season is being promoted by retailers as being a quick way to make a buck. For others, the holiday season is a time to complain about why we call the holiday "Christmas" and how we need to point out politically correct terms. The holiday season is a time where we should just put this aside and let others live the way they want to. I don't think we need to send three ghosts to every misers house now??? At this time of year, let's just ignore this and think about what is great!

For my Christmas season, I have had the complete honor of spending the season with those I cherish. I was able to spend time with my family and will spend even more time with them on Christmas Day. I was also able to either speak with my friends or visit with them, depending on time and distance. Being able to be with these people was the greatest gift of all. That is what Christmas means to me!

I want to extend my Christmas wishes to ALL of my readers and hope that their holiday season is fantastic! I also want to wish everyone a happy, healthy, and safe new year. God bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment