Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Literary Gladiators: Episode 2- "Araby" by James Joyce

After almost two months of figuring out the editing and uploading situation with getting the Literary Gladiators video onto YouTube, we are back to releasing the batch of episodes we taped on a Thursday morning during winter break. Originally, Jim, Charlie, and I were going to sit on the panel during each of the five episodes, while Christine (from Talk Nerdy to Me) and Nicole would do three and two episodes each, respectively. Since Jim was unable to make it, Nicole and Christine sat on for the entire stretch.

Here is "Araby" by James Joyce. While Jim and I were discussing episode ideas, he suggested Ulysses, which is a mammoth sized work. Since we wanted to be familiar with the work, I had on the original list: "A work by James Joyce (which Jim will decide to exchange for the length of Ulysses)." So we agreed to something from Dubliners and I put "Araby" on the list, for it was familiar to me and anyone else who has read it during their literary endeavors.

With high hope, by May 31st, I plan to have the rest of this taping released. This includes: "We Are Seven" by William Wordsworth, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley, "Howl" by Allen Ginsberg, and the Poetry of Emily Dickinson.

For those of you who love to watch Jim just as much as I love to discuss and debate literature with 'em (an absolute genius), we are arranging some sessions during the summer and hope to have forty episodes taped. Jim, Charlie, and I plan to be on all of them.

I shall now allow you to enjoy the second episode of Literary Gladiators, the show where we discuss and debate literature in all of its forms. If it's written work, it's game!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iL5ljerCn38

No comments:

Post a Comment