Thursday, August 18, 2011

Check This Blog: Flickers

This is Caponomics post #69, which means something substantial. I wrote a total of twenty-three Caponomics articles for my high school newsletter between April 2008 and June 2010, which means I'm up to triple the amount of submissions to my blog. The difference is my newsletter came out monthly, so I had the opportunity to write one Caponomics a month (though with the tournament reports, school events, and other submissions), I wrote more than just the twenty-three Caponomics. On here, I can submit whenever I have something to write about, so I don't have any guidelines on that end.

Speaking of guidelines, I decided to dissect the "Check This Out" segment even more. I will now be featuring my blog recommendations under a single title. Instead of the simple "Check This Out," it will be featured under "Check This Blog." This will give me the chance to point out blogs I am following and thoroughly enjoying, and think that you too should give a look at. My most recent find happens to be a blog about movies titled Flickers, which is a reliable movie blog with a good second opinion.

When it comes to critiques that stand out, the movie critiques happen to stand out the most, or at least during this day and age. Film criticism has especially gotten a big boost from critics such as Roger Ebert, as Ebert was the first film critic to win the Pulitzer Prize for his success in the craft. Reading Flickers, I had myself a ball reading each of the posts. Some of the various topics include the "Best Films Of *Insert Year*," a roundup of films currently in theaters, actors or actresses that were overlooked in 2010, and the list keeps going on and on. It will most definitely be a blog I keep up with and continue to see what other film related topics are flowing through the blogger's mind.

Blogs are really reaching their peek in this day and age, film reviews have been popular for much longer. When you combine the two of them together and you something really good. Aspiring film critics should take advantage of the Internet, and Flickers is indeed a prime example. Here's a second opinion that is straight-forward with what he's going to say and how he's going to say it, he presents the topic, and then explains his point of view on the topic. That's what a review is all about. I like variety within a topic and this blog surely allows me to like it more.

No comments:

Post a Comment