Saturday, January 17, 2015

Literary Gladiators: Episode 18- "Dracula" by Bram Stoker (PLUS Updates On Season Three Tapings)

After a few months of editing issues, this episode has finally arrived. Dracula is one of the episodes that I felt depicted our chemistry the best. Jim, Charlie, and I have exchanged barbs for eight episodes as we speak, so the ninth episode captured the essence of a vibrant Jim, goofball Charlie, myself, who keeps the flow going at the table, and the rotating guest. In this case, the rotating guest was Dan, who is a good friend of mine from college. Dan is just a casual reader, but he loves vampires and vampire fiction, so he fit perfectly well with us and in the discussion. One of the best scenes in the episode is how he explains to Charlie what a "stake" is in vampire folklore. You can be the judge as to whether or not Charlie did not know what a "stake" was or if he really likes to tell puns. Either way, Charlie does love steak.

On the topic of filming, we filmed a major portion of the third season of our show during the last two weeks. As we speak, we have twelve episodes and an extra that will make up the major portion of this season. I MAY (not promising just yet) have four additional episodes added on, but it will all depend on whether or not this is able to pan out. What I know for sure is that we have eleven episodes left of season two that I hope to upload on a consistent basis. I will not be moving forward with uploading season three until season two's episodes and edited and uploaded. I can promise you that we have a lot of exciting episodes in store. A fourth season will be in the works for the summer, while I plan to work on an extra for early 2016.

As for our YouTube performance, as of today, we have 21 subscribers and 1,684 views. We are hoping to improve our audience retention, which we are attempting to do by releasing shorter episodes (one of the season three episodes without editing is just a little over six minutes). I am hoping that those of you that enjoy reading entries from Caponomics are also enjoying Literary Gladiators. I hope to submit more here as well, which may only be presented by the slight challenge of my final semester at college. Regardless, I feel I can juggle what I feel holds a priority.

Here is a link to the 18th episode of Literary Gladiators. To partially borrow from Dan, this is a "bloodsucking good video!"

Episode 18- "Dracula" by Bram Stoker

1 comment: