Friday, February 27, 2015

Literary Gladiators: Episode 22- "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath

This is one of the three episodes to which Jim and I are the only participants, but at the same time, our three episodes seemed to develop that particular spark and continue a magnificent flow in the way that it did when there was a panel of four. If you have read my blog post that I submitted in July about "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath, you will be aware of how I feel about the overdramatic personality of the confessional poet that is most attached to this particular movement. After the Holocaust, which was an era of great tragedy, it was Plath that had the fortitude to develop feelings of self-pity and put herself in the position of a "Jew" and declare that her father was a "Nazi." Of course, my emotions are beginning to take a reflection of what I say on the show, so I will just use this post to introduce the episode.

Among the episodes that we released during the second season, I would say this was where it got the most intense. Of course, this is going to be an episode that takes on a flow similar to the rest, but there is a clear divide between what Jim and I think about Sylvia Plath. I will stick with Anne Sexton.

I will leave the 22nd episode of Literary Gladiators and a link to my original post that I wrote back in July for Plath's poem.

Episode 22- "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath

Poem Review: "Daddy" by Sylvia Plath

No comments:

Post a Comment